page contents

Eric Holder Pleads Not Guilty In Shooting Death Of Nipsey Hussle 

Rapper Nipsey Hussle's Alleged Killer Eric Holder Makes First Court Appearance

Source: Pool / Getty

Eric Holder, the man who is accused of shooting and killing rapper Nipsey Hussle in March, pleaded not guilty in court on Tuesday (May 21). The 29-year-old was indicted on one count of murder, two counts each of attempted murder and assault with a firearm, and one count of possessions of a firearm by a felon.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office issued a statement yesterday laying out the charges handed down by a grand jury after the matter was unsealed, along with Holder’s reply to the indictment.

From the press statment:

A grand jury returned the indictment against Eric Ronald Holder Jr. (dob 11/21/89) on May 9 for one count of murder, two counts each of attempted murder and assault with a firearm and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon. The indictment, which was unsealed today, also includes allegations that Holder personally used a handgun and caused great bodily injury and death.

According to the office, Holder is due back in court on June 18 at the Foltz Criminal Justice Center. Holder’s bail was set at $6.53 million and faces life in prison at a maximum.

Photo: Getty

Jay-Z Sued By Former Roc Nation Sports Boxer Over Brain Injuries 

Andre Ward v Alexander Brand

Source: Lachlan Cunningham / Getty

A former Roc Nation Sports boxer is suing Jay-Z over brain injuries he claims he suffered in the ring. Daniel Franco claims he took too many fights and it has cost him his health.

Reports TMZ Sports:

The boxer behind the lawsuit is Daniel Franco — who claims he signed a deal with Roc Nation Sports back in 2015 … and won his first 5 fights with Jay-Z’s company.

But, the problems started in March 2017 … Franco claims he came down with a bad flu before a big fight which sidelined him from training for 3 weeks.

Franco claims he told Roc Nation he needed to postpone or cancel the March 23 fight — but Roc Nation pressured him into fighting anyway.

Franco says he lost badly in the 3rd round and should have taken time off to recover … but instead, Roc Nation booked him to fight again 50 days later on May 12.

Then, Franco claims Roc Nation booked him for a third fight just a month later on June 10 … his third fight in 79 days.

But, Franco claims Roc Nation never took the steps to make sure he was medically fit to take that third fight … and it could have cost him his life.

In the court documents, Franco claims he believes he suffered 2 skull fractures and a brain bleed before the June 10 fight that could have been detected.

Instead, Franco says he fought on June 10 — and lost again — suffering major damage in the process.

Franco says he was diagnosed with a brain hemorrhage and was in a coma for two weeks. Since then, he had to have a piece of his skull removed and must wear a helmet to protect brain.

But is it Roc Nation Sports or some sort of medical board in pro boxing that determines of boxer’s are fit to fight? If true, Franco definitely deserves compensation, but the question is who exactly is liable for his injuries.

Franco reportedly claims Roc Nation Sports, and Jay-Z, were reckless in scheduling 3 fights in 79 days without proper medical observance. It’s unspecified how much in damages he’s seeking, but it will surely be a healthy amount.

Photo:

NBA YoungBoy & Atlantic Records Offer To Pay Funeral Expenses Of Man Killed In Drive-By Shooting 

Lil Wayne's Lil WeezyAna Fest

Source: Erika Goldring / Getty

NBA YoungBoy was the target of an attempt on his life during a drive-by shooting that injured his girlfriend and cost a Hertz employee his life during Rolling Loud in Miami earlier this month. The Louisiana rapper and his record label, Atlantic Records, are offering to cover the funeral expenses for the slain man.


The Blast
reports:

Sources tell us NBA and Atlantic Records want to cover the funeral expenses for 43-year-old Mohamad Jradi, who died earlier this month during an attempt on the hip-hop star’s life.

Jradi was a Hertz rental car employee who unfortunately got caught in the spray of bullets when the hip-hop star and his entourage were targeted while exiting the Trump International Beach Resort Miami on their way to the Rolling Loud Music festival.

Along with Mohamad’s death, three others were injured in the shooting, including YoungBoy’s girlfriend and a 5-year-old boy.

We’re told Atlantic and YoungBoy are “heartbroken” over Jradi becoming a victim, and want to do anything they can to comfort the family.

NBA YoungBoy is currently in jail for a possible parole violation after taking to social media to declare revenge over the shooting attempt.

Photo: Getty

Master P Co-Star Fatboy SSE Popped For Weed During NJ Traffic Stop 

Tidal X Lil Skies

Source: Johnny Nunez / Getty

Fatboy SSE, a social media entertainer set to co-star in Master P‘s upcoming film, was arrested during a New Jersey traffic stop after police discovered marijuana. There were also bench warrants out for his arrest which led to the search of his vehicle.

TMZ reports:

According to cops in Jersey City, Fatboy was pulled over Monday night for a traffic violation. He was in the car with 2 other guys — his manager and security guard — and when cops ran his license, they discovered it was suspended. First mistake.

Second mistake? They found outstanding bench warrants … which prompted a search of his car … which is when cops say they found the weed.

Cops arrested Fatboy — government name Tyriq Kimbrough — for 1 count of possession of weed and bail jumping for the 2 bench warrants. Adding insult to injury, cops also slapped him with tickets for failure to observe a signal and driving on the suspended license.

Fatboy — who has more than 5.5 million Instagram followers — remains in custody.

Fatboy SSE is set to star in I Got The Hook Up 2 this summer.

Photo: Getty

DJ Khaled ft. Meek Mill & Lil Baby “Weather The Storm,” Megan Thee Stallion “Realer” & More | Daily Visuals 5.21.19 

Source: MIAMI BEACH, FL – OCTOBER 06: DJ Khaled speaks at BET Hip Hop Awards 2017 on October 6, 2017 in Miami Beach, Florida. (Photo by Thaddaeus McAdams/FilmMagic) 

Real talk, we might just have to make this DJ Khaled video week because it doesn’t seem like he’s going to be taking a break from dropping new clips anytime soon.

This time around he once again links up with Meek Mill and Lil Baby for the black and white visual to “Weather The Storm” where the three take us to church and drop the ghetto gospel about the beauty of the struggle that can make or break any man or woman.

Megan Thee Stallion meanwhile continues to make her case for the hottest upcoming female rapper in the game as she rolls with her stable of murda mamis in her clip to “Realer.”

Check out the rest of today’s drops including work from Ayo 215 featuring Lil Baby, Lil Skies, and more.

DJ KHALED FT. MEEK MILL & LIL BABY – “WEATHER THE STORM”

MEGAN THEE STALLION – “REALER”

AYO 215 FT. LIL BABY – “BOTHER YOU”

KING VON FT. LIL DURK – “CRAZY STORY 2.0”

HOLLYWOOD SOS – “MILL IN THE MAIL”

LIL SKIES – “BREATHE”

DABABY – “PONY”

KILLY – “SWAG FLU”

Prof Gamer Tfue Sues FaZe Clan, Claims His Esports Contract Is “Oppressive” 

SneakerCon Fort Lauderdale 2019

Source: Sean Drakes / Getty

21-year-old professional gamer Turner Tenney, known to the Esports world as Tfue sued his organization FaZe Clan on Monday (May 20) for allegedly keeping him from pursuing his profession and missing out on lucrative brand deals and is not paying him his fair share of sponsorship earnings.

Tenny alledges FaZe Clan is violating California Law and Talent Agency Act with the “oppressive” contract they signed him keeping him from the coin he deserves.

Per THR:

Tenney says he’s missing out on those opportunities because of FaZe Clan’s unlawful activity in connection with a deal he signed in April 2018 — and he only gets to keep 20 percent of the revenue from any branded videos that are published on Twitch, YouTube or social media and half of his revenue from touring and appearances. His Twitch streams have been viewed more than 120 million times, and he has more than 10 million YouTube subscribers and 5.5 million Instagram followers.

His attorney Bryan Freedman of Freedman + Taitelman had this to say in the complaint:

In no uncertain terms, these gamers are artists, entertainers, and content creators — they perform, they act, they direct, they edit and they stream,” 

That Gamer Agreement is grossly oppressive, onerous, and one-sided. Faze Clan uses its illegal Gamer Contracts to limit Tenney to deals sourced exclusively by Faze Clan and to prevent Tenney from exploring deals presented by others; deals that are potentially superior to deals procured by Faze Clan; and deals that are not saddled with an eighty percent (80%) finder’s fee.

FaZe clan responded to the accusations in a statement to THR:

We’re shocked and disappointed to see the news of Tfue’s press article and lawsuit. We have only collected a total of $60,000 from our partnership, while Tfue has earned millions as a member of FaZe Clan.”

FaZe Clan also claims in a statement that it was a “previous legal team” that drafted the player’s current agreements that are in question and claim every contract written since last summer provides FaZe Clan a maximum 20 percent share of tournament winnings.

Freedman took Tfue’s Talent Agency Act claim to the California Labor Commissioner back on March 15 and stated that FaZe Clan’s contracts are the least of its worries. He also added that the organization also puts its players at health at risk as well.

“Not only does Faze Clan take advantage of these young artists, it jeopardizes their health, safety, and welfare.” 

“Faze Clan also continuously pressured and encouraged Tenney and others to undertake dangerous stunts while performing in videos. During one video, Tenney suffered an injury to his arm while skateboarding which resulted in permanent disfigurement.”

FaZe Clan is standing by its innocence in the matter and claims they offered Tfue numerous revised contracts offering “a seven-figure bonus” with FaZe Clan taking “zero percent,” but Tenney rejected all of them. In another statement, the organization added:

“We’re shocked and disappointed to see the news of Tfue’s press article and lawsuit. Over the course of our partnership with him, which began in April 2018, FaZe Clan has collected:

$0 – Tournament Winnings
$0 – Twitch Revenue
$0 – YouTube Revenue
$0 – from any social platform

In fact, we have only collected a total of $60,000 from our partnership, while Tfue has earned millions as a member of FaZe Clan. While contracts are different with each player, all of them – including Tfue’s – have a maximum of 20% to FaZe Clan in both tournament winnings as well as content revenue, with 80% to the player. In Turner’s case, neither of those have been collected by FaZe Clan.

We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished together of the past year with Turner and will continue to support him.” 

We hope this situation gets resolved amicably.

Photo: Sean Drakes / Getty

Nipsey Hussle’s Alleged Murderer Eric Holder Indicted 

Rapper Nipsey Hussle's Alleged Killer Eric Holder Makes First Court Appearance

Source: Francine Orr / Getty

The man, Eric Holder, who was seen shooting and killing Nipsey Hussle on video footage has been indicted. New charges were also added by the Grand Jury.

Previously, Holder was charged with murder, 2 counts of attempted murder and possession of a firearm by a felon by the L.A. County District Attorney. However, after revisiting the case the D.A. added a pair of assault with a firearm charges for the victims who were fortunate enough to survive.

Holder shot and killed Nipsey in front of the Marathon clothing store he owned on March 31 and pleaded not guilty as his arraignment on April 4. His previously lawyer, that Christopher Darden, recently stepped down citing death threats.

Justice can’t be served fast enough. Rest in powerful peace Nipsey Hussle.

Photo: Getty

 

 

 

Sony Spills More Tea On The PS5 

Sony Drops Even More Details About The PS5

Source: FREDERIC J. BROWN / Getty

Sony shocked the world when it shared details about its forthcoming next-generation console the PS5 presumably to stay ahead of leaks. Surprisingly the usually mum company when it comes to projects it’s working on is sharing even info on the PlayStation 5.

During a corporate strategy presentation, the company revealed once again the PS5 will feature backwards compatibility, will be able to play games that were made for the PS4 thanks to it being similar in design to the current generation console and will work with the existing PlayStation VR model.

Now if you were one of those people out there who just purchased PS4 or PS4 console, Sony also confirmed that those consoles will remain the priority for the next three years stating it is “engine of engagement and profitability” and promising more big name games for it. The company plans on using the success of the PS4 to help transition into the PS5 by using it to encourage people to buy into early.

“We will leverage backwards compatibility to transition our community to next-gen faster and more seamlessly than ever before.”

While the PS5 shares some similar features with the PS4, it’s an entirely different beast on the inside. It will get its power from an all-new CPU and GPU. PlayStation lead system architect Mark Cerny confirmed in an interview with Wired the next-generation console will utilize a third-gen AMD Ryzen CPU alongside eight cores plus a custom built GPU that supports an advanced rendering technique called ray tracing. With this new technique which is limited to high-end gaming PCs, this will put the PS5 on par with PC gaming and give the console immersive 3D audio.

PS5 will also use SSDs opting not to go with Hard Drives this go around. Combined with other components, Sony says the new system will be ten times faster than the PS4 Pro when it comes loading scenes. It will also support 8K graphics, which is excellent news if you’re in the market for 8K television. As for discs, looks like those are not going anywhere either which is a relief to those who are not entirely onboard with disc-less consoles yet. Sony is hoping eventually that won’t be the case and is revamping it’s digital game service PlayStation Now.

While we got all of this information, there is still no release date set so don’t expect it the PS5 this year but keep your eye on the rumored May 2020 release. Also, Sony is not going to be talking about outside of what we know already and being that they are not showing at E3 this year don’t bet on any more details no time soon.  But based on what we know looks like Sony is definitely aiming to build off the success of the PS4, and that is a brilliant and safe move.

Photo: FREDERIC J. BROWN / Getty

Little Brother Back, Phonte and Big Pooh Reunite 

Little Brother

Source: @JatiPhoto / Courtesy of Jati Lindsay

Little Brother is officially back. Today (May 21), MC’s Phonte and Big Pooh revealed they are heading back into the studio and creating new music as LB.

“I’m excited to announce that my brother Big Pooh and I are back at work. New Little Brother music and a tour are coming soon,” Phonte told DJ Booth, which broke the news.

Not so conspicuously absent from all the new Little Brother chatter is 9th Wonder (who only produced one song on LB’s 2007 album Getback).

Added Phonte, “After conversations with 9th Wonder following our Art of Cool reunion show in Durham last year, the three of us mutually agreed it was best for LB to continue as a duo, as Pooh and I have officially been Little Brother since 2007.”

The group’s last proper album was Leftback in 2010 while Phonte recently rang bells with the surprise drop of a project called Pacific Time. Little Brother is set to perform at the Hopscotch festival in Raleigh, North Carolina in September.

View this post on Instagram

Reactivated. 📸: @jatiphoto

A post shared by Phonte Coleman (@phontigallo) on

Photo: Jati Lindsay

 

The Audacity: Future Blasts People Who Share Their Business Online, Seemingly Responds To Rolex Backlash 

Celebrities at the Jimmy Kimmel Live! studios

Source: WENN.com / WENN

Future — the same guy who comes for his ex, Ciara, and her husband, Russell Wilson every chance he gets — had the nerve to shade people who tell their business on social media. Now, Nayvadius

“How much u get paid a week for telling your business to social media??” he asked via Twitter. Just back in January, he had every opportunity to keep it cute when asked about his son’s stepdad Russell. Instead he shaded Russell and his relationship with Ciara, saying “He do exactly what she tell him to do.” That was far from the first time he came for the happy couple… remember when he tweeted about Ciara’s “control problems?”

After that highly hypocritical tweet, Future seemed to address the backlash he faced for gifting his son a Rolex on his 5th birthday. If you missed the hilariousness that ensued when Baby Future didn’t seem to care for the new timepiece much, tune in here.

Future tweeted..

Maybe Future is a changed man. We’ll believe it when we see it. For now, we’ll get advice on how we should live life elsewhere.

Photo: WENN